Netgear Partners with Circle Media to Provide Smart Parental Controls
Netgear and Circle with Disney have teamed up to provide smart parental controls on the Orbi TiBand wifi system and NightHawk routers.
Smart parental controls enabled on NETGEAR products through Circle with Disney include:
Available as part of the free app download:
- Filter – Set individual filter levels for each family member that matches their age and interests.
- Pause – Pause internet access by device, user or the entire home, with the press of a button.
- History – See the sites that have been visited and filtered.
- Safe Search – Filter out inappropriate sites and images from Google and Bing search results.
- Ad Blocking – Filter out most sources of online ads eliminating the majority of ads from web sites.
Premium Services for $4.99 a month:
- Time Limits — Limit daily internet time for each family member by websites, apps, and more.
- BedTime — Set times for family members’ devices to disconnect from/connect to the Internet
- OffTime — Set individual screen availability times and schedule specific “no internet” times easily.
- Usage — See how much time your kids spends online at a glance.
- Rewards — Bump up Time Limits, give a late BedTime, or disable an OffTime, just for the day.
- Connections — Integrate with third-party apps like Choremonster and IFTTT.
- Amazon® Alexa™— Ask any Alexa-enabled device about your family’s usage, time limits, or bed times.
MyCircle® is an additional Circle app that provides a personalized dashboard for parents to connect with their kids and check their Circle dashboard. You can also add Circle Go on your child’s mobile devices and extend Circle coverage even when the kids are outside home.
NETGEAR products are available in major retail stores and online Circle is currently available on select Nighthawk routers and will soon be rolled out for existing Orbi WiFi Systems customers through a firmware update. For more information on Circle with Disney and available service plans, please watch the video on the NETGEAR website at www.netgear.com/circle.
Best Buy has also put together some cool videos on the Circle, and those can be found on their product page here.