This review was supposed to post on the 10th of October but it was stuck in our queue for some unknown reason.
With Windows 7 being released on October 22nd, Toshiba sent us their new soon to be released T135 and I have to say I am not a huge fan of the color red but now I am. Just so you know the red is called Nova red, it is also available in Nova Black and Nova White.
The T135 is a new Ultrathin from Toshiba which I have to say is probably their best looking notebook ever. The nice color and design had me giddy when I first saw it. The t135 is less than an inch thick and weigh 3.5 pounds, making it one of the thinnest and lightest notebooks I have ever used from Toshiba or any other Windows PC OEM.
After I got over how cool it looked, I wanted to power up the system right away. Toshiba had told me it had a really fast boot time, so I wanted to see how fast it was.
They weren’t fibbing, 39.5 seconds is what it took for the machine to boot up completely (no login). Took about 20 seconds to get to the login screen when I enabled a login for the machine.
I was pretty impressed by the start up time, my desktop doesn’t even start up that fast with Windows 7, and it just goes to show that even though it’s an ultrathin and a light weight machine you aren’t going to get an ultrathin and light weight performance.
I used the machine for nearly 2 weeks nonstop, and never ran into any issues while browsing the web or using Microsoft Office. The machine can handle any workload you throat at it, it did struggle a bit when I edited a movie but other than that it was the perfect little companion.
Overall the T135 is a fantastic machine, it looks nice, it boots fast and it’s powerful, and with a starting price of just $599 you really can’t go wrong.
With the T135 Toshiba has delivered a work horse for the price of a lemon.
For more information visit: http://www.toshibadirect.com
Full list of features:
• 13.3-inch diagonal widescreen HD TruBrite™ LED Backlit display
• Windows 7 Home Premium operating system
• Intel® Pentium® SU4100 processor or Intel® Pentium® SU2700 processor[v]
• DDR3 RAM, upgradeable to 8GB[vi]
• Starting at 250GB (5400 RPM) HDD[vii]
• 802.11b/g/n wireless[viii] and 10/100 Ethernet
• Bluetooth V2.1 + EDR (available on select models)
• Toshiba Hard Drive Impact Sensor
• Touch Pad with Multi-touch Control
• Lightweight at only 3.88 lbs.2
• Long-life 6-cell battery delivering up to 9 hours of battery life3
• One eSATA/USB combo port with USB Sleep-and-Charge4 and two USB 2.0 ports
• HDMI port
• Built-in Webcam with Toshiba Face Recognition, stereo speakers and microphone
• Toshiba PC Health Monitor
• 5-in-1 Memory Card Reader Slot